This week Mike and Bryan discuss creative habits, inspiration, dreaming in black & white, phone etiquette in cinemas, recording vertical phone videos, the simulated universe, Grand Theft Auto & super hero movies. They also want to remind you Rocky lost in the first movie. The episode opens with the exhaust from a 1971 Chevelle SS 454.
When you're ready to sponsor the podcast, contact Michael (185 monthly subscribers and rising).
- Twyla Tharp: The Creative Habit
- Picasso on inspiration
- Video: Alamo Drafthouse: No Fucking Cellphones!
- iView Media Pro for Mac
- 1978 RCA BW-003 Consumer B/W Vidicon Video Camera
- Slate: Why are techno-futurists so freaked out by Roko’s Basilisk?
- GTA: Vice City
- audio snippet #1: Buggin' Out, A Tribe Called Quest
- audio snippet #2: Don't be a jerk, Ghostbusters (1984)
- audio snippet #3: Spaghetti Western, Primus
- audio snippet #4: Antonio Carlos Jobim
- audio snippet #5: Reggie Watts, Ted Talk
- audio snippet #6: "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!", The Network (1976)
- audio snippet #7: "I'm not wearing hockey pads.", The Dark Knight (2008)